Fable’s code of conduct
- We embrace diversity and inclusion: At Fable, we believe that diverse points of view and lived experiences contribute to an inclusive and open work environment. We will make participation in our community a welcoming experience for everyone, regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, education, socio-economic status, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, body size, or religion.
- We act with professionalism and integrity: No matter how we work with Fable, either as employees, online testers, in-person testers, or in any other way, we are a team of committed professionals, working towards helping our customers solve their accessibility problems. We value everyone who works with us, and we expect that everyone who works with us will treat our customers and one another with professional courtesy and respect.
Abid note: As a professional, we deliver a service to our customers, regardless of previous experiences or personal opinions about the companies at large. In addition to this, we hold our political and ideological views to ourselves unless specifically asked for them.
Fable’s global community is dedicated to making the digital world more accessible to everyone, regardless of their age or abilities. Our community includes our founders, employees, testers, advisors, investors and partners – past, present and future.
This Code of Conduct applies to all community members, when working or representing Fable Tech Labs (e.g. in events, in-person or online meetings, using an official Fable Tech Labs email address, posting via an official Fable Tech Labs social media account, or communicating with any Fable Tech Labs customer). If you are unsure if this code of conduct applies to you at a particular time, please ask the community manager.
We expect all community members to conduct themselves professionally and to foster an inclusive environment at all times by, for example:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Being honest and transparent
- Protecting sensitive information and respecting requests for privacy and confidentiality.
Behaviour that will not be allowed in Fable’s community:
- Harassment is not acceptable, whether it is done publicly or in private. Harassment may include unwanted teasing or joking, bullying, derogatory comments, or political attacks. Even if you did not intend to cause offense, if someone asks you to stop, or seems uncomfortable, stop and apologize immediately, and don’t do it again.
- Sexual harassment is strictly prohibited. Sexual harassment refers to any conduct, gesture, contact, or comment of a sexual nature, including the use of sexualized language or imagery, objectifying others, and unwelcome sexual attention or advances, that an individual would find to be uncomfortable or unwanted. If someone asks you to stop, it means you have already crossed the line. Fable is a professional work environment, and we expect everyone to keep all sexual comments to themselves.
- Any behavior that is illegal or dishonest. This could include publishing the personal and confidential information of others, encouraging other community members to break the law (by sharing cracked software, for example), or anything else that is dishonest in any way. This is never allowed.
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting. If you’re not sure if something is OK, just ask the community manager before you do it. We’re always happy to help everyone learn and grow together.
Who to contact
If you experience anything that makes you feel in any way distressed or unwelcome, we encourage you to let us know. Unacceptable behaviour may be reported by contacting the community manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you feel uncomfortable reporting to the community manager for any reason, you may instead report to email@example.com. We will keep anything you send us private and anonymous.
Once an issue is investigated, Fable Tech Labs may have to take disciplinary action against members of the community who repeatedly or intentionally fail to follow our code of conduct. Actions may include verbal or written warnings, or temperary or permanent suspention from participation in the community.
This is a living document and it will evolve over time
As changes are made to this document, the community manager will notify the community by email within a reasonable period of time. If you have any questions about this code of conduct, please email the community manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, at any time.